3 Ways to Protect Your Home from Lightning-Related Fires
Lightning is hotter than the sun and can reach temperatures of 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightning-related fires most often occur during the summer storm season, typically months June through August. However, lightning-related fires do happen all year long and in every state. According to NFPA’s latest report “Lightning Fires and Lightning Strikes”, during 2007-2011, U.S. local fire departments responded to an estimated 22,600 fires per year caused by lightning strikes. While this data includes both structure and non-structure fires, nineteen percent of lightning fires were home fires.
As with other natural disasters, there are ways to protect your home from lightning-related fires and mitigate damages.
1- Prevent Lightning-Related Fires by Installing a Whole-house Lightning Protection System
Lightning protection systems work to intercept lightning strikes, provide a conductive path for the electrical discharge to follow, and safely disperse the energy into the ground.
A whole-home lightning protection system consists of:
- Air terminals (a.k.a. lightning rods) mounted on the roof
- Main conductors made of aluminum or copper wires to redirect electricity
- A proper grounding system
- A bonding system to prevent sparks or side flashes
- Surge protective devices
Lightning protection systems should follow the national standards and requirements of the Lightning Protection Institute, National Fire Protection Association, and Underwriters Laboratories. Only experienced and reputable lightning protection contractors listed by Underwriters Laboratories and certified by Lightning Protection Institute should install these systems.
2- Prevent Lightning-Related Fire by Removing Yard Debris
Dry grass, plants, and leaves are highly flammable and should be regularly removed from your yard to prevent a ground fire from spreading to the home.
3- Prevent Lightning-Related Fires by Updating Wiring in Older Homes
Older homes can often experience electrical problems. Consult with a qualified electrician to inspect your home’s electrical and grounding systems. Without a proper grounding system, a lightning strike could cause a fire and affect your home’s electrical foundation.
How to Respond to a Lightning-Related Home Fire
If a lightning strike causes your home to catch on fire, your family’s safety is the top priority. Everyone must exit the home immediately. Once in a safe location far away from your home, call the fire department for help. Do not reenter your home until you are told it is safe.
After the fire is extinguished, limit movement in your home to prevent further damage. Do not try to clean soot or fire damage yourself without proper personal protective equipment. Fire damage cleaning and restoration are best left to trained professionals.
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead’s certified and experienced fire restoration professionals are here to help 24-7-365. To learn more about our fire damage restoration services or to schedule an inspection, call our office by dialing 228-467-4450.
3 Tips to Prevent Mold Growth During the Summer
As we head into the summer months, cases of mold growth will become more common. So much so, in the restoration industry, we refer to summer as "mold season", especially in the Gulf Coast region. Hot temperatures and high humidity levels are two of the typical contributing factors to microbial growth problems found inside homes and businesses. During summertime, even the smallest water leak can lead to significant mold growth if not addressed promptly and correctly. SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is here to help you prevent mold growth and to remediate any microbial growth issues you discover.3 Tips to Prevent Mold Growth in Your Home and Business
- Keep indoor humidity low- below 60 degrees relative humidity. If you notice your space is more humid than normal, then contact an HVAC professional to inspect and service your unit.
- Make sure areas prone to mold growth like bathrooms are ventilated well. Always turn on the vent when taking a hot shower or bath to reduce moisture accumulation. Leave doors open to circulate air in rooms without proper ventilation or air conditioning.
- Mitigate water damage quickly. Mold can begin to grow in as little as 48 hours following a water damage event. To prevent secondary damages and mold growth, contact our team of professionals for immediate water damage mitigation services.
If you notice mold growing in your home or business, our remediation experts are here to help. Our team will first assess the issue and identify the source responsible. Then, we will provide solutions for remediation. This will include removing affected materials like moldy drywall and insulation, utilizing air scrubbers to remove microscopic spores from the environment, and oftentimes cleaning and sealing air ducts.
Contact our office today if you have questions regarding mold growth or to schedule an inspection. Our phone number is 228-467-4450
6 Tips to Prepare for Hurricane Season
June 1st marked the beginning of the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season. This year, forecasters at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Climate Prediction Center are predicting an above-average Atlantic hurricane season with at least 19 named storms and nine hurricanes - four of which will be category three or higher. Now is the time to ready your home and business. Follow our tips below to prepare.
1. Create an evacuation plan. We all know hurricane paths can change rapidly. Choose multiple evacuation locations to account for various storm routes- safe areas East and West of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Be sure to account for special needs such as pet-friendly hotels.
2. Assemble disaster supplies. Build an emergency kit to sustain each member of your household for at least 72 hours. Test your generator to ensure it is functioning properly if you plan to shelter at home.
3. Review your company's disaster plan. If your business does not have a thorough disaster plan, then SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead will be happy to assist with our free disaster planning services for local businesses. Send an email to our business development manager Brian Sharp to learn more about our Emergency Ready Program. His email is bsharp@SERVPRO11525.com.
4. Get an insurance checkup. Mississippi's insurance market has changed quite a bit. After multiple storms, Risk Rating 2.0, and various carriers leaving the market, you should review your policies with your insurance agent. Ask about your risks, named storm deductible, and flood insurance opportunities.
5. Save our phone number for emergency services - 228-467-4450. We offer emergency board-up, roof tarping, water damage mitigation, mold remediation, and more storm damage restoration services.
6. Stay weather aware. Sign up for local weather alerts and follow government emergency orders. Visit your county's website to learn more about local alert systems.
Follow us on Facebook and read our blog for emergency alerts and more disaster planning tips.
4 Tips to Protect Your Home While You're Away on Vacation
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is here to help 24-7-365.
Are you going out of town this Memorial Day weekend? If so, then your pre-vacation checklist should include a few tasks to protect your home from property damage disasters while away. Follow our tips below to avoid property damages and save our number for emergency restoration services - 228-467-4450.
1. Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries if necessary.
2. Switch your water heater to vacation mode or turn it off. This will help reduce your energy bill. This will also lower the chance of your water heater corroding or having a buildup of minerals which could lead to your water heater exploding.
3. Shut off your main water supply valve. Then, run water from a sink to drain your pipes. In the case of a water supply pipe breaking, this will prohibit water from flooding your home.
4. Have a friend or family member check on your home every couple of days or consider having someone stay at your home. Property accidents happen, but timely mitigation will prevent serious damages.
As always, our team is here to help 24-7-365. We will have emergency mitigation crews available all weekend.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead today at 228-467-4450 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Faster to Your Bay St. Louis Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is faster to any size disaster.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage events are very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet our team here.
Does Your Hancock County Home Have a Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise a guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate mold found on materials such as drywall and flooring.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –(228) 467-4450
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is a Certified IICRC Firm
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration, and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
Introducing New Ownership of SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead
SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is now under new ownership. Stuart Andrus, Coty Reeves, and Kenny Fourroux partnered to officially purchase this SERVPRO franchise location in November of 2021. Each partner brings a wealth of knowledge and experience as they have all worked for a SERVPRO in Louisiana for many years.
Stuart Andrus has owned and operated SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville in Louisiana since 2009 and will continue to do so. Coty Reeves and Kenny Fourroux worked closely with SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville, managing reconstruction projects for a sister company Complete Restoration Services.
As new owners, Stuart, Coty, and Kenny are excited to be a part of the Bay St. Louis, Diamondhead, Kiln Picayune, and surrounding Mississippi communities. SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is here to help 24/7/365. From storm damage restoration to rebuilding after a fire, SERVPRO of Bay St. Louis/Diamondhead is committed to making any size disaster “Like it never even happened.”